Basic Life SupportNovember 23, 2023 2024-02-13 20:43
Basic Life Support
Basic Life Support
- A practical session is required after completion of the theory section
- A booking is required for the practical session. Therefore, after passing the theory section, kindly email us to book your slot
- In the event of a student not passing the practical test on their initial try, they are granted an additional attempt, free of charge
- Course bookings must be made no later than one day before the course date
- The minimum age to attend this course must be 16 years
This 6 hour course, is intended to teach people about circulation, which refers to blood circulating throughout the body. The major cause of circulation problems is usually a heart attack, but can also be caused by injury, breathing problems, shock, etc. If the person is not breathing than circulation will also stop, therefore, CPR must be started as soon as possible.
On successful completion of this course (including the 3hrs theory and 3hrs practical session), you will receive an Basic Life Support certificate which is valid for three years. Hard copy of the certificate is included in the price.
What is included
- Training delivered by a qualified Nurse Instructor with experience in emergency setting;
- Course covers the physical, psychological, emotional, and legal aspect of patients and the emergency first responder;
- The use of disposable disinfection wipes between each participant. Wipes used covers tuberculocidal, viricidal, fungicidal and bactericidal;
- COVID-19 approach and management;
- Latest training equipment includes QCPR mannequins and latest models of AED trainer;
- Delivering training at Academy or one’s place of choice;
- Strict infection control measures;
- Surgical gloves during practice to each participant;
- For BLS/AED – the dummies’ lungs changed with every session and all manikins will be disinfected post lecture.